16 Powerful Prayers For Your Husband


A man kneeling in front of the cross as a sign of repentance for the mortal sins he has committed.

Originally published on laycistercians.com

Prayer is a key element in a successful marriage. When you put God at the center of your relationship, nothing can break you apart.

Yes, there are times when you ask yourself if this is still worth it. Sometimes, you just find yourself wondering whether you should stay or just end it all. But such moments are common in all marriages. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows as what the movies would lead you to believe. All couples go through worse times at some point in their marriage. There are even times when you’ll question whether you made the right decision in marrying him.

This is why a wife’s prayer for her husband is very powerful. When you pray for your husband, the Holy Spirit will work through your marriage and enlighten your hearts to see God’s will more clearly. It helps you gain wisdom and clarity of mind to see each other as God wanted you to. Praying for your husband is also a way of letting God work through him and fulfill His plans for him and your entire family.

To help you get started, here are some prayers you can use to pray for your husband.

Prayer for Provision

Dear God,

Your word says that you will provide for our every need. I believe in your promise. Please provide for all of my husband’s needs: physical, spiritual, financial, and emotional. Help him to feel your blessings in his life and help him to learn to depend on you for all things. Chase away his worries and teach him that you are faithful to take care of our needs. And please help me to do the same, trusting in you more and more. Amen.

Prayer for Protection Against Temptation

Father,

I entrust you my husband, Your unique creation. You’ve promised to fill his soul with what he needs and I ask You to do just that. Please guard his heart and mind. Protect him from temptation and fill him up with the good things he needs so he can become the husband and father that you intend him to be. All these I ask in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.

Prayer of Gratitude

Lord,

I just want to thank You for giving him to me and me to him. You knew what You were doing all along. His traits that used to drive me crazy are now the strengths that fill in where I struggle. His traits that used to seem like weakness are now the places You’ve allowed me to shine. We complement each other. When I let You be the glue, we’re stronger together than we ever were apart. I can’t thank you enough for putting my husband in my life. Amen.

Prayer for a Strong Marriage

Lord,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the blessing of marriage. I am so glad you gave me such a wonderful husband whom I treasure so deeply. Please help me to never take him for granted and continue to love him to the best of my abilities. Help me to love him as you love us. God, please bless our marriage in abundance. Help us to be a reflection of your love for us and help us always to seek you first in our marriage. Help us to grow stronger in love each and every day, and to always prioritize our marriage. Help us each to be selfless spouses who seek to bless and give to one another. And help us do all this to your glory Lord. Amen.

Married sitting at the church and doing prayers to their relationship

Prayer for Your Husband’s Spirituality

Dear God,

Your mercy and goodness know no bounds. My only prayer is that my husband sees it too. Please give him eyes to see that You deserve the highest praise. Let him personally experience Your grandeur and strength. Let him live with great conviction that Jesus has authority over all things on earth and in the spiritual realm. You inhabit the praises of Your people, and I want him to enjoy the comfort and power of Your presence every moment. So, Father, please grant him an irrevocable gift of praising You. Let Your Spirit continually offer up a sacrifice of praise through him so that his lips always acknowledge Your name. Amen.

Prayer for Guidance

Dear God,

Please grant my husband your guidance in all that he does all the days of his life. Be with him as he makes decisions both large and small, and help him to feel your hand leading in his life. Give him the confidence to make Godly choices and to seek to do your will in everything. If he is struggling with a specific issue, please bless him and make his paths straight and clear. May he always make good choices for the betterment of our family. Amen.

Prayer for Emotional Healing

Lord,

You promised healing to those who lift their burdens up to you. TodayI implore you to heal the wounds of my husband’s heart.  Lord, please smooth the scars of past hurts and brokenness. Give him the courage to break free from all the painful memories that have kept him in a dark place all these years. May he find total and perpetual healing in Your loving arms. Amen.

Prayer for a Peaceful Marriage

Dear God,

You are the source of peace. Please help my husband and me to remember this in our lives and to seek your peace at every moment. Help us to hold fast to your promises when we are feeling stressed, tired, or anxious. We know that you want to give us a spirit of joy and peace and not of fear and worry. Please give my husband your peace today. Remove worries and irritations from his mind and allow him to focus on the good things. Help me to create a peaceful environment for him as well, and do all I can to promote peace in our marriage and in our home. Amen.

Prayer for Wisdom in Finances

Lord,

Financial woes are almost always the cause of conflicts in a marriage. Please grant my husband the wisdom to effectively manage the resources you have blessed us with. May it bring abundance to our home and not be a cause of division. May you also help him, help us, to use it in ways that will bring glory to your name. Amen.

Prayer for Fidelity

Father,

You gave my husband and me to each other. You blessed our union. I know You want it to work even more than we do. Please protect our bond. Keep my husband’s heart and eyes focused on me. Deliver him from temptation and stop any thoughts that might lead him astray. Put a wall around our relationship that keeps it just the three of us. With You in our midst, I know we can face anything. These I ask in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Prayer for His Friends

Lord,

Thank you for giving my husband true friends who are ready to stick with him through and through. I pray that You will always provide such encouraging friendships for my husband. I know that he is never alone because You are with him. But I ask for others to speak into his life and sharpen him as he sharpens them. Amen.

Prayer for Strength During a Tough Time

Dear Lord,

My husband is dealing with an issue right now. You know what it is because you know what we need before we even ask for it. I come to you in Faith now Lord to ask for your help during this hard time. Please give my husband your comfort and your peace as well as your wisdom and strength. He can only overcome this struggle with your help and grace Lord, so please let him feel your presence and place his trust and dependence on you. Amen.

Prayer for Purity of Heart

Father,

Please give my husband a pure heart that seeks only You. May he seek to love You and trust You with everything he has and is. Protect him from opinions intended to sway him from Your Word. Keep his heart free of hatred, prejudice, and ill will. Help him see the goodness in every person and to focus on them instead of their shortcomings. May he always remain the kindhearted man I know him to be. Amen.

Prayer for Patience

Lord,

Living with me isn’t always fun. Even in the best circumstances, nerves can get rubbed raw. I know I’m not the easiest person to be with. Give my husband Your heart when it comes to me. Let him see me the way You do. When he gets frustrated, fill him with patience. Grant him the wisdom and willingness to understand why I do or say the things I say. And then turn around and do the same for me. May patience reign in our marriage until death do us part. Amen.

Prayer for Strength and Encouragement

Dear God,

Today, I pray for my husband to have the strength to go about his day. Help him to remember that his strength and grace comes from you. Help us all to remember that all of our good gifts come from you, Heavenly Father. When he feels weak, please remind him of your love and your support. May he also remember my undying love and support for him at times when he needs someone to lean on. Help me to be the wife that he needs me to be. Amen.

Prayer For Your Husband to Be a Good Father

Lord,

Thank you for showing us what fatherly love should be. You are the epitome of fatherhood and how fathers should love their children. I humbly ask you to help my husband learn from your parenting example. Please help my husband to grow as a father. May he become more generous, patient, and encouraging, just as you are. Let him know how much we love, trust, respect him just as we do you. Help me become the best partner for him too so together, we can raise our children in your ways. May our children know Your heavenly love personally and experience it through their earthly father. Amen.

Monastery of the Holy Spirit gift shop.

Are You Interested in Seeking a Deeper Connection with God?

Come, join us! We, the Lay Cistercians of South Florida, are a community of lay people who seeks to have a deeper connection with God by living a life inspired by the monks and nuns through Lay Monasticism. Anyone who aspires to do the same is always welcome to join us. We meet every second Saturday of the month at Emmanuel Catholic Church in Delray Beach, Florida. Visit our homepage to know more about what is a Lay Cistercian and the Lay Cistercian Formation Program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Habits To Help You Get Closer to God

The 10 Most Common Types of Concrete

25 Encouraging Bible Verses About Self Control